We take data protection and confidentiality very seriously and comply with the applicable data protection provisions. We outline below the most important information concerning how we collect, process and use data, including in particular, what information and personal data we store, and what we do with it.
The responsible person for the collection, processing and use of your personal data in connection with the VARTA UK newsletter is VARTA Consumer Batteries UK LTD, Suite 49 Earl Business Centre, Oldham, Greater Manchester, 0L8 2PF (“Controller”).
2. Collection, Processing and Use of Personal Data
2.1 Personal Data
Personal data is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, including your personalized email address (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data”).
2.2 Collection, Processing and Use of Your Data
We collect and process the following categories of Personal Data for the following purposes:
We shall use the Personal Data for sending email newsletters to you on a regular basis. The newsletters will contain current offers, news and information about our products and company group.
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). Our interest is informing you about the aforesaid contents in our B2B newsletter.
You can unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our email newsletters, by using the contact form on our website, or by sending an email to VARTA_UK.Newsletter@varta-household.com
3. How we share your Personal Data with third parties
Your Personal Data shall only be transferred to third parties in the following cases:
- To our IT agencies we use to send out the electronic newsletter and which process such data only for the purpose of such services; and
- To courts, arbitration bodies, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if necessary to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise or defence of rights or legal claims.
Insofar as we contract other companies to carry out tasks on our behalf within the framework of a data processing agreement and forward your Personal Data for this purpose, said company or companies shall be required to protect your Personal Data and to use the latter only for the specific purpose outlined in the agreements with these processors.
You may request further information, such as copies of the respective safeguards, about the safeguards implemented in relation to specific transfers by contacting email@example.com
4. Your rights concerning your Personal Data
If certain requirements are fulfilled, you have the following rights:
- Request access to the Personal Data that we process about you,
- Request rectification of your Personal Data,
- Request erasure of your Personal Data,
- Request restriction of Processing of your Personal Data,
- Object to the Processing of your Personal Data,
- Request to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (right to data portability), or
- Withdraw any future consent with future effect,
- Not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
You may contact us to claim your rights as follows:
VARTA Consumer Batteries UK LTD
Suite 49 Earl Business Centre
Tel.: (+44) 1615 181 604
We shall respond to your request in accordance with the applicable legal provisions.
5. Data Security
We do our utmost to store your Data using all the technical and organisational possibilities at our disposal to prevent third parties gaining access to it.
All Data is stored on servers with the high security standards to protect against any attempts by third parties to access the Data.
6. Your right to lodge a complaint
If you think that the processing of Personal Data by us violates data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
© VARTA Consumer Batteries UK LTD, September 2020